2014 Club Meeting Information
General Membership Meetings
General Meeting Time: Begins at 7:00 PM (My thanks to K7HYK, who let me know of the missing time information. Greatly appreciated!)
General Meeting Location
- Mesa Utilities Office
- 640 N Mesa Dr
- Mesa, AZ, 0.3 miles north of University Drive
- Go to the main entrance and use the single glass door on the left, and go to the last room on the left at the end of the hall.
- Restroom is on the right side of the hall just after entering the glass door.
General Meeting Schedule
- 2014 club meeting dates and Programs:
- Tuesday, Feb 18
- Tuesday, Mar 18
- Tuesday, Apr 15***
- Tuesday, May 20
- Tuesday, Jun 17
- Tuesday, Jul 15***
- Tuesday, Aug 19 -- Oscilloscopes
- Tuesday, Sep 16
- Tuesday, Oct 21
- Tuesday, Nov 18 -- Junque Auction and Election
*** East Mesa VE Team's third-Monday test sessions usually fall the day before our meeting dates. On these dates their test session falls on the following Monday.
- Rule-of-thumb re-stated: The third Tuesday meeting falls within a range of dates of which the earliest possible date is the 15th and the latest possible date is the 21st.
The same applies for Third Monday License Exams: The third Monday test session falls within a range of dates of which the earliest possible date is the 15th and the latest possible date is the 21st.
On those occasions when the third Tuesday is at its earliest (the 15th), the third Monday will fall on the start of the following week.
2014 Christmas Dinner Information
Christmas Dinner Location:
- Golden Corral Restaurant
- 1868 N Power Rd
- Mesa, AZ, just south of McKellips on the west side of Power
Christmas Dinner Date
Christmas Dinner is Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 6:00 PM if all goes the same as before!
Board Meeting Location and Schedules
Board Meeting Location
- BLACK BEAR DINER
- 1809 E Baseline Road
- Gilbert, AZ, 85233
- Telephone (480) 926-2046
Black Bear Diner is in the southwest quadrant of Baseline and Gilbert Rd.
- Meeting time is 6:30 PM
- If planning to eat please arrive by 5:30 PM in order to not have food service interruptions during the meeting.
- We have a separate room for our meeting.
Board Meeting Schedule
The Board meets on the second Tuesday of each month January through November, one week ahead of the General meeting dates listed above.
The 2014 Board
The information below now reflects 2014.
The 2014 Board
OFFICERS FOR 2014
- President: Steve Estes, KB7KWK
- Vice Pres: Steve Bowen, N7CPU
- Secretary: Larry Kuck, WB7C
- Treasurer: Douglas Mitchell, W7ADD
BOARD OF DIRECTORS FOR 2014
- Paul Estes, AD7PD (Incumbent)
- Bill Cawthorne, KF7SZT (Incumbent)
- Ed Taggard, K7EDT
- Jeff Machesky, K7ZLX
- Jeff Heinze, N7CCW
- Alan Perysian, KD7TOM
- JD Smaylis, KF7VOX
When we Incorporated under Arizona Law, the "Board of Directors" was inclusive of the officers. In along about 2009, our Board went from having 5 Directors to having 7.
When we became a 501(c)3 nonprofit, Federal Law defines the Board of Directors as being the seven Directors, who represent the "Shareholders" while the Officers represent the "Management." European Boards of Directors represent the "Employees" instead. We have neither shareholders or employees, so our Board represents the membership.
My thanks to Steve Bowen, N7CPU for enlightening me with that piece of knowledge. Accordingly, I have reorganized the headings on this list.
2014 Club Committees
Superstition ARC Committees
|Committee ||Committee Chair
|1. Activities Committee|| Bill Cawthorne, KF7SZT
|2. ARCA Delegate|| "Walt" Walters, N3BFO
|3. ARCA Alternate|| Myrna Cross, KN7M
|4. Communications Committee|| Sherry Peterson
|5. Greeting Committee|
| Board members |
meet and greet
incoming visitors to
|6. Hamfest Committee|| Dan Devlieger, KG7EOL
|6. Health and Welfare Committee|| ???
|7. Membership Committee|| Steve Bowen, N7CPU
|8. Newsletter Editor|| Dave Muller, K7AV
|9. Public Service Committee|| JD Smaylis, KF7VOX
|10. Technical Committee|| Steve Bowen, N7CPU
|11. Trustee, WB7TJD|| Steve Bowen, N7CPU
|12. Youth Committee|| Nick Perysian, KG7EQC
|13. Web Site Maintenance, |
| Larry Kuck, WB7C
|14. Forum Site Maintenance, |
| Steve Bowen, N7CPU
|15. Hamfest Site Maintenance, |
| Steve Bowen, N7CPU
Have I missed any committees? See Larry, WB7C with info 480-986-2298. Thanks!
If you see any errors on these pages,PLEASE
contact the Web Site Admin
found on Our Contact Page
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks to Dave Gardner and DTBusiness.com for our website hosting.
Serving the East Valley since 1973
Superstition Amateur Radio Club, Inc.