- Page updated except for committees Jan 15, 2015
2015 Club Meeting Information
General Membership Meetings
General Meeting Time: Begins at 7:00 PM
General Meeting Location
- Mesa Utilities Office
- 640 N Mesa Dr
- Mesa, AZ, 0.3 miles north of University Drive
- Go to the main entrance and use the single glass door on the left, and go to the last room on the left at the end of the hall.
- Restroom is on the right side of the hall just after entering the glass door.
General Meeting Schedule (2015)
- This year’s club meeting dates and Programs:
- Tuesday, Jan 27 -- Postponed one week -- Regular night of Jan 20 is preëmpted by the city's use of the room.
- Tuesday, Feb 17
- Tuesday, Mar 17
- Tuesday, Apr 21
- Tuesday, May 19
- Tuesday, Jun 16
- Tuesday, Jul 21
- Tuesday, Aug 18
- Tuesday, Sep 15***
- Tuesday, Oct 20
- Tuesday, Nov 17 -- Junque Auction and Election
*** The 15th of the month comes around quickly and people often end up looking for the meeting to fall on the 22nd. But that's a fourth Tuesday!
As well, East Mesa VE Team license testing is held on the day before our meeting except when our meeting falls on the 15(th. VE Testing falls on the Monday after our meeting on this occasion. East Mesa VE Team tests in the same location as our General meeting at 6 PM third Monday every month including December.
- Rule-of-thumb re-stated: The third Tuesday meeting falls within a range of dates of which the earliest possible date is the 15th and the latest possible date is the 21st.
The same applies for Third Monday License Exams: The third Monday test session falls within a range of dates of which the earliest possible date is the 15th and the latest possible date is the 21st.
On those occasions when the third Tuesday is at its earliest (the 15th), the third Monday will fall on the start of the following week.
2015 Christmas Dinner Information
Christmas Dinner Location:
- Golden Corral Restaurant
- 1868 N Power Rd
- Mesa, AZ, just south of McKellips on the west side of Power
Christmas Dinner Date
Christmas Dinner is Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 6:00 PM if all goes the same as before!
Board Meeting Location and Schedules
Board Meeting locations for 2015
Tuesday January 13th ONLY 17:30-20:00, because Black Bear Diner is already reserved:
- Casanova Brothers Pizza
- 929 N Val Vista Dr Ste 101 (NE corner of Val Vista & Guadalupe)
- Gilbert AZ 85234
Beginning Tuesday February 10th (and each second Tuesday of the month thereafter) 17:30-20:00
- BLACK BEAR DINER
- 1809 E Baseline Road
- Gilbert, AZ, 85233
- Telephone (480) 926-2046
Black Bear Diner is in the southwest quadrant of Baseline and Gilbert Rd.
- Meeting time is 6:30 PM
- If planning to eat please arrive by 5:30 PM in order to not have food service interruptions during the meeting.
- We have a separate room for our meeting.
Board Meeting Schedule
- The Board meets on the second Tuesday of each month January through November.
- Tuesday, Jan 13
- Tuesday, Feb 10
- Tuesday, Mar 10
- Tuesday, Apr 14
- Tuesday, May 12
- Tuesday, Jun 9
- Tuesday, Jul 14
- Tuesday, Aug 11
- Tuesday, Sep 8
- Tuesday, Oct 13
- Tuesday, Nov 10
The 2015 Board
The 2014 Committees list is being updated for 2015, and I will have a correct list to post after our January 13 Board meeting. Posted below is the 2014 Committees, and to date I know that:
Brian Betz, W7JET is Activities Chairman
Douglas Mitchell, W7ADD is ARCA Delegate
Dale Schmidt, N7QJK is in charge of the SuperFest web site
Ed Taggard, K7EDT chairs the Public Service Committee
With those changes and additions, here is the old list from 2014 until I get the final OK on all changes for 2015:
2014 Club Committees
Superstition ARC Committees
|Committee ||Committee Chair
|1. Activities Committee|| Bill Cawthorne, KF7SZT
|2. ARCA Delegate|| "Walt" Walters, N3BFO
|3. ARCA Alternate|| Myrna Cross, KN7M
|4. Communications Committee|| Sherry Peterson
|5. Greeting Committee|
| Board members |
meet and greet
incoming visitors to
|6. Hamfest Committee|| Dan Devlieger, KG7EOL
|6. Health and Welfare Committee|| ???
|7. Membership Committee|| Steve Bowen, N7CPU
|8. Newsletter Editor|| Dave Muller, K7AV
|9. Public Service Committee|| JD Smaylis, KF7VOX
|10. Technical Committee|| Steve Bowen, N7CPU
|11. Trustee, WB7TJD|| Steve Bowen, N7CPU
|12. Youth Committee|| Nick Perysian, KG7EQC
|13. Web Site Maintenance, |
| Larry Kuck, WB7C
|14. Forum Site Maintenance, |
| Steve Bowen, N7CPU
|15. Hamfest Site Maintenance, |
| Steve Bowen, N7CPU
Have I missed any committees? See Larry, WB7C with info 480-986-2298. Thanks!
If you see any errors on these pages,PLEASE
contact the Web Site Admin
found on Our Contact Page
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks to Dave Gardner and DTBusiness.com for our website hosting.
Serving the East Valley since 1973
Superstition Amateur Radio Club, Inc.